Helping you move seamlessly
Moving to any new IT environment can be a challenging and daunting task.
One of the most common reasons cited for not taking advantage of new technology or a new supplier is the fear of the unknown and the pain that will be suffered should an issue arise. A state of mind which often manifests itself into a 'do nothing' stance.
At iomart Hosting we recognise that a migration is both a complex and mission critical activity that requires careful planning and management to ensure no downtime or data corruption. This is why we have a dedicated migrations team on hand, and at your service, to ensure that the process is a painless as it possibly could be.
Our team of experts can migrate and configure physical or virtual servers, domains, databases, email and other applications without risk to your business.
We'll help you by:
- Assessing your migration needs - Your assigned technical iomart Hosting Project Manager will work with you through a series of discovery sessions to evaluate your existing infrastructure and services, proposed migration and risk assessment.
- Project Planning - We'll help you define the scope, the objectives, the timeframes, escalation path, the critical path and the roll back position.
- Migration Management - Managing the entire migration process in conjunction with you and your team. We cover every aspect of a migration from physical server uplift and relocation to data migration.
- Providing Temporary Services - we can provide staging posts for your business to ensure that you stay on line. This can be on as short or long term basis as your migration requires.
- Configuring your Services - We can handle the set up and configuration of your new hosting environment. This service includes install, config of operating systems, firewalls and applications etc. Once again a full staging platform can be created to ensure no loss of data or service.
- Testing - No migration is complete unless we have handed it over and you have signed it off (UAT). We provide a full test and acceptance plan for every aspect of the service.
As stated, migrating any service is challenging but we're on hand to make the process as smooth as possible. And remember a migration does not have to be a huge project - it can be as small as moving a low volume web site to a cloud server - but whatever the requirement, do not be put off, give us call and we'll be delighted to assist in any way we can.